The period from 0 to 3 years old plays a crucial role in the development of a child’s body and mind. Between these ages, children start to understand and take in the world around them. Montessori classroom have the abundance of language and scientific terminology available to children throughout their stages of development allows the foundations that were set during the absorbent mind stage to be built upon and in time allow the child to flourish.
Children of age 1,5 – 3
INFANT COMMUNITY PROGAM
From 15 months old to 3 years old
Teaching and learning objectives
We create a Montessori environment which is spacious, open, tidy, pleasing in appearance, simple and real place, where each element exists for a reason in order to help in the development of the child. The environment is proportional to children’s height and size, and it has low shelves and tables and chairs of different sizes where children can sit individually or in groups. A homelike atmosphere can ease the child’s anxiety for the first time participating in kindergarten.
Skills and knowledge
Through personal choices and using resources provided in Montessori classroom, children develop independence and early-life skills:
• Self-care skills in daily life (dressing skill, hygiene skills,…)
• Motor skills through practical activities
• Social skills: develop common behaviors through interactions with friends, teachers, and teacher-led small group games. Children get to develop self-respect as well as respect for everyone around them.
• Nature care skills: plants watering, flower arrangements, leaves and floors moping…
• Language skills: building up mother tongue vocabulary combined with a new language: English through simple lessons
Unified education method
From children’s activities, we keep a child’s data through the teacher’s observations and keep close connection with parents throughout the periods of development. This create a united education where the child receive consistent messages from both parents and teachers.