Entering the 6th year is the period when children have changes in both negative and positive directions. Especially, this is a milestone for each child when transitioning from Kindergarten to Primary School – the time children need to prepare for the first steps towards a more serious and stressful learning environment. Since then, the Pre-primary program incorporating Montessori method has been improved, giving children the opportunity to prepare and gradually familiarize themselves with new experiences.
Pre – School Program
Children of age 5
Children of age 5
Teaching and learning objectives
Based on the data we have on children from junior kindergarten and senior kindergarten, Hanoi Montessori School develops a Pre-primary program for children to fully prepared for a more serious learning environment while retaining a full range of skills learned. In this program, we help our children make a smooth transition from kindergarten to elementary school, preparing essential skills and getting ready for the first grade.
Skills and knowledge
During this stage, our children will be exposed to many new concepts and activities. Therefore, children need guidance from both schools and parents to get fully prepared for completely new knowledge. The Pre-Primary Program helps children:
• Learn from the smallest things such as sitting posture, how to express ideas, how to discuss among a group,…
• Get to know IQ tests, EQ and answer interviews.
• Get familiar with new learning tools: board, chalk, pen, notebook, ruler, eraser …
• Become familiar with letters: pronunciation recognition, rhyme, reading and writing.
• Get familiar with numbers through reading, counting, writing, calculating basic arithmetic and basic signs of algebra (+, -, X,:, =, <,>), sorting and comparing numbers. Learn with visual aids.
• Introduced them the grade 1 and have a visit to an elementary school.
Unified education method
From information and data through observations of teachers from Junior Kindergarten and Senior Kindergarten classes, teachers will adjust learning lessons to have a coherent educational roadmap, suitable for each child. In addition, we keep close connection with parents throughout the periods of development, until your child enter grade 1.